Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Running late, but I'm off...

Psalm 90:12 Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom. NLT

    The significance of this “brevity of life” thing packs a greater wallop as the years zip by. We put projects off for a later day until the revelation unfolds:  Sister, the “later day” is here! Room for procrastination has passed.

    Increased wisdom is to be coupled with this realization. Over the years interesting opportunities popped up that I passed on to others, or maybe even began to take a run at myself. As some of the busyness of family and work obligations slip away, so do the reasons for not committing time and energy to tackle and complete a challenge or two.

    So… this Caleb wants a crack at conquering her mountain of opportunity. I want to remove myself from the pessimistic ten who focused on the gigantic obstacles, and join the two who saw the huge possibilities – with God. Thankfully, I’m not close to 85 as Caleb was when the promised land was being divided up (Joshua 14:6-13), but I have completed a precious, often uphill, forty year faith journey. I’m hoping you’ll stop by when you have a moment. Maybe you’ll be inspired to begin some new venture that you’ve been saving for the right time too?

   

1 comment:

  1. Mary, I see you are up and running! That's wonderful. And I like your spunk.... I'm with you on sticking close to Caleb's point of view, ie all things are possible when we keep our eyes fixed on God.

    We look forward to getting to know you more! Blessings..... hope you pop by my site and leave a footprint of your presence!

    ReplyDelete

Best viewed using Internet Explorer