Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Our Wake-up Call


My furry friend is on the prowl each morning watching for the first hint of dawn. He prefers to do his official check outside before the sun is even thinking of rising above the horizon. That only becomes possible if I open the door, which only becomes possible if he can get me out of bed. I hoped fervently that he would not hear about the clocks going ahead one hour on the 13th. A 6:30 a.m. wake-up call held way more appeal than 5:30. I actually looked forward to giving up that hour this year.

He's just a cat. How can he be so "up" on current doings? It may have been 5:50 Sunday morning. He does have a bit of range, tending to let me sleep later when there's more cloud cover. But somehow he must have heard that we were changing to daylight saving. Or, perhaps he is smart enough to count the bongs on the grandfather clock. He's always had a keen interest in its workings, and a particular liking for the chains that dangle from its weights. In any case, he continues to knock relentlessly on the wardrobe door every morning - some days at 5:25 a.m., some at 5:35 - until my feet connect with the floor. A 6:30 wake-up call has not happened. Might there be hope for a lapse when we turn the clocks back in a few months?

I'm thinking this is another one of those things that only gets the ultimate fix in eternity. In his book, Flight to Heaven, (pp. 100-101), Dale Black describes everything happening there in harmony, at a relaxed and natural pace so that we will be comfortable with all that's going on. When my body is craving another hour of shut-eye, Mr. Whiskers' incessant knocking is definitely not comforting. The future with Christ and all events occurring in sync will be grand.

Many are sensing a time change in the spiritual realm as well as in the natural, arguably an advance of more than just one hour. Recent earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides and floods may indicate that the very active evil powers listed in Ephesians 6:12 know that their time is short. If this is the case, my feline buddy is doing me a huge favour. Each of us who already enjoys a close relationship with Father God needs to be up and at it making use of every opportunity to share God's truth and expose the enemy's lies. We don't want anyone to miss the good things God has prepared for those who love Him, no matter what it takes to get us mobile - even if it has to be a big orange cat.

4 comments:

  1. A delightful post, Mary.
    Your furry friend is great company, I'm sure. Global events seem by the day and hour to move us faster and faster towards fulfilment of things indicated on the prophetic calendar, don't they? As you express (in other words), to be up and doing as citizens of God's kingdom is so important. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary, how precious your little kitty seems. And how wonderful that you make things all God things! There are days when I wish I did not ever have to sleep lest I miss something of God. Then stress sets in and my body craves slumber. 'Tis then Jesus turns my stress into rest and rocks me gently until I listen. He is so patient. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give M W a pet for me, Mary. Loved this post. :)Marci

    ReplyDelete
  4. So enjoy your musings, Mary. Isn't Black's book amazing! Makes one eager to get on with it -- in a way!

    ReplyDelete

Best viewed using Internet Explorer