Thursday, November 15, 2012

ONE DAY AT A TIME

     On the afternoon of Remembrance Day my friend's husband called that she had slipped away Home at ten o'clock that morning. People often say "passed", but Din and Bet and I had shared a YouTube story on the subject. We always dipped our heads and chuckled when "passed" was mentioned during after skating tea time. My chuckle is AWOL just now. I am discombobulated. That word should be discombobled in my opinion. Syllables creating any sound close to "elated" do not fit. Any way you say it, Din may be singing alto in the most amazing praise team in the universe. For sure, she is totally well, totally happy, totally at peace. Her husband, sons and their families and oodles of friends are discombobled. Every one of us needs God's grace.

     I've heard Joyce Meyer say, "Grace is like manna." That is perfect... exactly the portion we need for each day. When I thought back over that morning, before daylight I'd happened to read Mercy Me's lyrics to "I Can Only Imagine"... "Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel?" On the way to church I'd stopped to take a picture of the sugar bush with no leaves on the maples, no sign of life. Yet we know the sap will rise in the spring. People will make syrup. New leaves will grow and that forest will be a thing of beauty once more. Before noon I watched my grand-nephew lay a wreath at the cenotaph in honour of those who gave their lives in war for our freedom. Life continues..

     Deuteronomy 33:25 says, "As your days, so shall your strength be." (NKJV) So we choose to be faithful to Him and trust Him to supply what we need one day at a time. Din has fulfilled her days. For the rest of us, the best is yet to come.    

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry. Hope the manna supply continues as the days pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manna... God is so good in the details. Praying for comfort for the discombobulated...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never met Din - but she is certainly missed!

    ReplyDelete

Best viewed using Internet Explorer