Thursday, October 15, 2015

THE LITTLE RED HOUSE

     I don't know what it is about this little house that draws me. It is almost hidden by the trees that have grown up around it. I often think of my first grade teacher when I walk past. That dear lady loved everything about nature. Nestled in the woods, it looks like her kind of house except...

     It is completely closed up. Every window is covered. There is a high wire fence, The gate has several padlocks. Even the owners must face a major procedure just to get onto the property.

     We know that the Lord Jesus was welcome at the home of his friends in Bethany. (John 12:1,2) I want my home to be open to the Lord and His friends, but the Bible does not just speak of homes made of wood and bricks and stone.

     In the last hours Jesus had with His disciples, He said,"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him and We will come to him and make Our home with him. (John 14:23 NKJV) He was speaking of coming to live within us. In Revelation 3:20 we see Him knocking, waiting to be invited in.

     Why do people have fences and locked gates? Why do they board up a house? Why do they put up "No Trespassing" signs on their hearts when someone shares a message of God's love for them and invites them to receive Jesus into their lives as Lord and Saviour?

     Satan would like people to believe they will lose out if they open to Christ, but it is Satan who steals. His lies rob people of every good thing the King of Kings graciously longs to give. If they somehow came to know even a fraction of the treasure Jesus offers, the padlocks would be opened, fences torn down and doors flung open to receive Him into their hearts and homes.

     

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I'm enjoying catching up with your Beach Croft Tales. What a gift you have, for gleaning messages from everything you see. And your photography is excellent. I feel privileged to have enjoyed your hospitality at Beach Croft. Love, Lawana Blackwell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Lawana. I enjoy posting every second week - pure pleasure. Love back to you. Mary

    ReplyDelete

Best viewed using Internet Explorer