Thursday, September 15, 2016

THE ADVENTURE UNFOLDS

     We may think of an adventure as an exciting experience. It can involve danger or risk. For me it includes the element of the unknown. A thing that is "old hat" does not qualify. These first days studying Media in third year at Charis Bible College fit a good hunk of any definition.

     From an outside stance it might look a bit risky. I grew up decades before this techie generation. Making the leap from my trusty Asus laptop to MacBook Pro could prove a gigantic stretch. I am so thankful that I'm not limited to the natural way of things. Factors like experience and age lose their clout when I draw on the wisdom and strength of the One who has my life in His hands.


      The ability to invent the amazing tools of technology could only come from the ultimate Creator, the same One who designed the path for each of our lives. He knows where I am and what I'm tackling. I love that He's always with me and I don't have to take one step alone.

     All the while my mind is trying get around the intricacies of modern media, my spirit is continuing on its amazing journey. Just as technology opens up new realms of information, my knowledge and understanding of Father God grows when I learn to tune into His voice and recognize His leading.

     Each new day presents the next episode of the adventure. The Lord Jesus came to bring us abundant life. (John 10:10) We can be sure the unique path Father has designed for each one is not a boring, hum-drum one. Sometimes the footing may be tricky, but we can be sure He will hold us steady as we trust in Him.

2 comments:

  1. Such a fitting post for me, Mary, as I endeavour to learn Greek. The Holy Spirit that lives inside me knows ALL the world's languages. I just need to listen to his voice -- not just in this challenge, of course, but in all areas of my life.

    I know God will bless you -- and others through you -- as you walk down a new path, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New challenges, new blessings, Mary Lou. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Best viewed using Internet Explorer